Recreation Program Registration FAQ

Where is the Sterling Recreation Department Located?

The Recreation Office is temporarily located in Butterick Municipal Building, 1 Park Street Sterling.

How often does a new schedule of activities come out?

The Recreation brochure is published 2 times per year, April and September.  They are available at the Conant Public Libary, Butterick Municipal Building, DPW, Houghton Elementary, Chocksett Middle and various other business around Town.

Do I need to pre-register for activity or program I am interested in?

Yes, to avoid cancelation of programs it is important that you pre-register.  There is a $10.00 additional fee for registration forms received within 1 week of the start of the program.

How do I register for programs?

Visit, create an account and start registering! You can pay electronically or mail in completed registration with a check.

You can also complete a registration forms at the office.

Checks should be made payable to the Town of Sterling.

Can I receive notice of program cancelation due to inclement weather, recreation news of upcoming activities and events?

Yes by subscribing to Recreation news on the web site: , click on the "Notify Me" button and follow the directions.

When creating an account on, be sure to opt-in for cancellation and general emails.

Are non-residents permitted to participate in programs and activities?

Yes, there is an additional $10.00 fee for non-residents.

Can I get a refund for cancelation?

If the Recreation Department cancels a program due to low enrollment you have the choice of a refund or credit to be used towards any program at any time.  If the participant drops-out of the class, there is no refund.  We will give a credit to be used towards another program.

Will I be allowed to pro-rate my payment for a activity if I am not going to be able to attend every class?  

 No, unless the instructor has approved this action.

What age groups do you offer programs for?

We offer something for everyone!